WRITE ME A POEM

i'm used to sipping strength from her word smoothie
and drawing confidence from her words soothing.

my first stage performance is a day
whose memory can't self destruct
it's that one day I wouldn't forget in a hurting hurry.

i was fidgety, palms sweaty, knees knocking


my heartbeat could be heard over the public address system.
a giant of self-doubt stood before me
and made a dwarf of my self-confidence.

then i remembered her words
"jaachi" she said, "i believe in you.
go be useful. you can, find strength in my love"

smiles engulfed my trembling lips.
like the last droplet of water from a dry faucet,
courage dropped on my patched soul,
moistened my vocal chord
and filled feet with motivational bones.
i found my voice and raiser an hallelujah in the wings of love

i'm used to drawing confidence from her soothing words.
but the frame that house the voice of her words is long broken,
dust ridden and left hanging out to rust
in a gallery of memories – lost

i am not lost,
her absence left me with a flashlight
to seek sources of motivation from within - me

i now seek courage in places i never would've considered worthy;
places like me

#WriteMeAPoem
#Pengician #SSA

Enjoyed reading? 
Please leave a comment and share with friends. 
Thank you!