POEM 228: SABRINA (II)


"what if you realize, at the tail end of it all,
that you barely know me?"


I chuckle at the sound of it
lean forward, her hair brushing mine,
and whisper

'I know you'

"surprise me. 

what do you know about me?"
you're impulsive, spontaneous
good like the sweetness that curry flavours
at the right thyme
to the right heart

you're like a disco music
no matter how the music changes
you keep dancing

you're like a protective hard shell
difficult to break
tough, choosy, yet pretty soft.

if you loosen up and break the shell
you'll look sweet just like you're inside

Sabrina,
gold is not admired when hidden underneath the earth

she spread her lips in a happy curve
and draw nigh to my ears
with slow emphatic words retweet the question:
"what if you realize, at the tail end of it all,
that you barely know me?"


'we'll start all over.
Again'

#365DaysOfPoetry
#Pengician
#SSA

Click Here to get a FREE copy of the #PunPoetryAnthology


Enjoyed reading? Commenting is now easy. 

I introduced Facebook Comment feature. 
Please help my blog grow by leaving a comment and sharing with friends. Thank you!