This journey started four years ago. As days grew into weeks and weeks into months, I struggled with issues that make the heart bleed and tear ducts burst. Like a sojourner halfway home, the closer I get to the shore, the farther it becomes.

I found solace in poetry. I confided in my diary, joked with it, scratched at it, came on it, cried to it and vented at it broken lines that morphed into poems.
But time would not halt a while. The world, as always, go spinning by... days grew into weeks, weeks into months and months into years.
Together,
my diary and I,
bore this baby of words
and Diary of a Broken Poet is born.
This anthology is about my poetry and all of my most deepest and inner thoughts, unrefined. It has a lot of what I went through as a young teen and how I have lived through these experiences. I try to give life a meaning through these poems. Through tragedy some good can come out of it; it makes you who you are and a lot stronger and hopefully a better person, but also wiser.
Even lilies thrive in a mire.
This is to the broken heart who despite the hurt dished and pained howled at by life, stay strong and wear beauteous smiles. To the lights that can never be quenched.
I am hoping others will see things more clearly and find hope as I have. I have a little of everything in my brief earthly timeline - From pain and tragedy and triumph to family and romance and hope and everyday situations. I have had a lot of joy in my life with no regret.



http://okadabooks.com/book/about/diary_of_a_broken_poet/14377



New eBook: Diary of a Broken Poet by Stefn Sylvester Anyatonwu