I'm trapped, trapped inside myself, I want to get out, get out and be free. I don't want to live in my shell, But I'm scared, scared to take away my mask.

Friends are forever letting me down, no matter how close they are. They are there if I have a problem, but when I don't I may as well not exist.

I want someone to trust and care about me, someone to cry on and someone to listen. 

I want someone to love me for who I am, not the masked me whom everyone knows.

Unfortunately none of this can ever come true. Not from someone on planet earth anyway. 

No one I know is perfect. This includes me.
No one I know can fulfil this. Neither can I.

Except...

Someone I know who is watching down on everyone of us. I hear He has a special plan and a purpose for anyone who turns to Him. 
There will still be hardship and sorrow, but these will make us strong.

He can be trusted.
He is ever so faithful. 
He cares deeply about each person on this earth. 
He can be cried upon, and will cry with you. 
He even puts each tear we cry in a bottle.
He is the best listener anyone could be. And most of all He loves us for who we are, no matter what we have done.

"Who could do all this?" I hear you ask. A dear and special friend of mine called Jesus, with whom I can take away my mask and be free.

Jesus, he takes me in his arms when my feet are weak.

He's stood where I stand
He feels what I feel
He's trodden this same thorny path that pores holes into my soul.
He knows my pain

He said, 'Friend, I understand. Weep no more, I the Son is come to light up your life'.

I wiped my tears and deeply heaved a sigh of relief.

Somebody told me of the power in his words. I didn't think it could be till it happened to me.
With him, I can take off the mask, lay nude on the altar of grace and have my spirit massaged with healing hands. 
I feel better.
My vision brighter.
You too, can...

Do you ever feel trapped? 
Turn to Jesus. 
Come now.
He awaits you, your tears, wasted years and haggard rags.


Enjoyed reading? 
Please leave a comment and share with friends. 
Thank you!