POEM 364: LOVE HURTS

They told me that love makes stony hearts fluffy
and makes life worth living,
but they never told me
that love could get so close enough, 
it chokes me with expectations I cannot meet.

They told me that love is life
stringed on sofa notes,
and music is the language of synchronized heartbeats,
but they never told me that love 
could break me into a thousand rhythms
of blue songs on sad notes

They told me that the way to love someone 
is to lightly run my finger over that person's soul until I find a crack, 
and then gently pour my love into that crack,
but they never told me 
you could pour sulphur, instead of love
into the gaping void that yearned for yours

It could be they'd lied to me,
It could be I misheard again,
It could be they intended an irony,
Who takes the blame?

#365DaysOfPoetry
#Pengician #SSA

Enjoyed reading?
Please leave a comment and share with friends. Thank you!