POEM 317: WE WERE LOVERS

you were sunlight,
the reason I long for dawn
but darkness engulf me in many shades of pain
'Sunlight!!!' my cry all night

unfortunately, the sun does not set at night
and I am no longer able to see your smiles

you were silk,
the reason I long for hugs,
but cold beautify my skin with blisters,
tattooing me all over with haunting memories

unfortunately, when I reach out my hands to find your cheeks
you bore holes into my skin with thistles of rejection.

you were water,
the reason I drown in the fluidity if your voice,
but this silence beat my eardrums,
so hard, so loud!
'Say something!!!' my cry all night

unfortunately, the brook of your melody is blue
like water that has frozen over.
I see myself drifting away on a glacier

we were lovers...

#365DaysOfPoetry
#Pengician #SSA

Enjoyed reading? 
Please leave a comment and share with friends. Thank you!