POEM 266: GOD'S PLAN (ii)

From me to God:

Dear God, good morning, Father
Why do I feel like you slept last night?

While I slept, as the manner of men is,
you also laid you down to sleep?

It's dawn but look, the sun is gone.
Not one bird tweet a song.

The little plans I tried to carry through,
they've failed.

The tool I thought to use,
they're frail.

Yet your word would not I sorrow,
to pause a little while, and try, again, tomorrow?

But yesterday, like years past, is lost,
I can't see beyond this storm of dust.

Got plans for me? I don't feel good.
I might scale through, who knows? Do you?

Your son,
Stefn.

From God to me:

Dear Stefn, beautiful morning, son of man.
I watched over you throughout the night.

If you take me by the way you feel,
then your faith in me isn't real.

I say this not, to cause you shame.
You're human, frail in faith,
I was once the same.

I have walked this path you crawl today.
I once carried a cross of shame along this way.

At a point, when Golgotha was near,
I almost gave in to my fear.

No one has jeered and mocked you, son,
like they did, to me, before my mum.

Yet, I scaled through
Yes you too, can walk right through.

Stefn, as for your plans, they didn't fail.
I've planned it all, time will tell.

Although the sea in tumult wail,
Don't fret, Stefn, your plans will sail.

Your God,
Ja.

#365DaysOfPoetry
#Pengician
#SSA