POEM 241: THIS IS HOW I RELIVE THE PAST
this is how I relieve the past
I visit the timeline I used to live
and sit beside the younger me

I throw an egg or two into a pan
and make us an omelet
by the fireplace, he sit and eat fast
while I fiddle on the piano,
and we talk about the past;

we talk about how health was lost and recovered
we talk about how fun it was to raise a false alarm
how mum will sprint like flash into our room
and how we'd echo 'April Fool' amidst laughter

we chuckle while painting with words
the clueless face mum makes
and if she falls while running for the false alarm
we massage her limbs and sing to her
because we meant no harm.

there were quarrels, siblings and I
there were cherished moments we munched like snacks
there were tasks as tough as haunting a snark

there were tears and days quite awful


the past reminds me of where I used to be
and charts the path I'll walk right through

the younger me reminds me of who I used to be
and refuels my resolve to make dreams come through

what I am become, is a product of the past
who I will become when I'm done reliving the past
is the man the boy me wish he were

there are be better days ahead to slay
there are many more memories to make

soon, when I visit again, my boy
I'll bring tales that'll make him marvel

this is how I'll relive today, tomorrow

#365DaysOfPoetry
#Pengician
#SSA


Enjoyed reading? Commenting is now easy. 

I introduced Facebook Comment feature. Please help my blog grow by leaving a comment and sharing with friends. Thank you!