POEM 168: SECRET ADMIRERS

In distress, they'd pray for you.
When life goes south, they're there though not there. 
They cheer much more than you do when you make that great win.
They'll readily sing your praise
when the world moans your name.
But, they remain what they've always been -
Secret admirers.

I do this, also, for you.
Yes you, whose mind spin beautiful thoughts
like the fingers of the Most High
craft nature's breathtaking sights.
Yes, you whose pictures are adorned with smiles
that make me laugh when bitter thoughts flood my heart.
Yes, you who daily spread goodness abroad this plane of sullen hearts
and swollen soles sighing sadly so.

Yet it bothers me greatly
when I wander in thoughts,
about how many would do this for me but just can't.

And sometimes, 
I'm tempted to carry a placard about
whispering loud and long
"secret admirers are welcome!"
same words boldly inscribed in blood coloured fonts,
so the world would, at least,
send admirers my way,
a few that would be bold to say,
"Hey man, you're everything sweet"


#365DaysOfPoetry
#Pengician 
#SSA


Enjoyed reading? Please help my blog grow by leaving a comment and sharing with friends. Thank you!