POEM 30: YOU ALONE

...and if my heart is water, 
You alone shall drink it.

...and if my heart is butter,
You alone shall spread it.

...and if my heart is poetry
You alone shall understand it.

...and if my heart is life
You alone shall live it.

..and if my heart were a postcard
You alone shall receive it.

...and if my heart is God.
You alone shall worship it.

...and if my heart is a crown
You alone shall wear it.

...and if my heart is a throne
You alone shall sit on it.

...and if my heart is a body
You alone shall posses it.

...and if my heart is a drum
You alone shall beat it.

...and if my heart is a script
You alone shall act it

...and if my heart is honey
You alone shall eat it.

...and if my heart is a you
You alone shall know it

..and if my heart is heartless
You alone can soften it.

...and if my heart is a sickness
You alone can heal it.

...and if my heart is weed
You alone can smoke it

....and if my heart is a sea
You alone can swim it.

....and if my heart is a ship
You alone can sail it.

....and if my heart is nothing
You alone can create it.

...and if my heart is love
You alone shall own it.

...and if my heart is a sacrifice
You alone shall savour it

...and if my heart is heaven
You alone shall make it

...and if my heart is a house
You'd be home