My Facebook profile intro reads thus: 'A social vegan. I Avoid meet'


Naturally, I am shy, withdrawn and a loner. I dread crowd. But I can't hide forever. My career path drags my unwilling shy self to the spotlight - to lead, to teach, to coach.

I can't hide anymore. I'm left with one option; Step Out!

Where I work, we have a business school and I am privileged to be one of the facilitators. Most times I feel jittery before mounting the podium to deliver a lecture. My palms get sweaty. I suddenly forget I am cute.

Questions rise like tidal waves threatening to upturn my leaderSHIP.

What will I say? 
How will I start? 
Won't I flop? 
God! They are graduates!

Look at their faces. Mean. Mature. Man! I can't even look at their faces. I fear I might stumble over words like a toddler taking his first steps.

I write, majorly, because I find it difficult to communicate with speech. I flow better writing than talking.

See why teaching scare me to... to what again? I don't know.

But I summon courage and do it anyway. And I do it well. And right.

How do I know I do it right? Feedback.

Now that's the essence of this post.

When was the last time you gave an honest feedback to that facilitator?

Don't you think the motivational coach needs some motivation? Yes they do!

What prevents you from walking up to that amazing teacher/coach/facilitator/lecturer and say; 
'Sir/Ma, you inspire me'?

You have no idea how far a few words of encouragement could go to rekindle one's dying flame.

We all know how good it feels to be appreciated for the little we do. Give it, appreciation, honest ones, and watch them DO MORE.

If a person takes the time to express their heart-felt appreciation for something we have done, it boosts our spirit, passion, and purpose. It builds our self-confidence, self-esteem and our entire self-image. It gives us energy and motivation to work harder and do more.

MY CHALLENGE TO YOU
I want to challenge you to make your expression of appreciation stand out from the crowd. Make sure it is genuine and something that will make an impression. It will require more effort on your part but it will be worth it.
While going the extra mile is admirable, don’t forget the simple little things we can do on a daily basis to let people know they are appreciated. 

Make a list of those people who regularly do things for you, including your co-workers, friends, family members and those who work under your leadership. When this list is complete, go back over each name and determine how you can express your appreciation for the things they do for you in a way that makes them feel noticed and valued.

Let me also encourage you to thank 100% of the people for 100% of the things they do to make your life better, even if it’s part of their job description. Whether it’s the waiter who attends to you in a restaurant, a public commuter conductor who helps with your heavy luggage, a co-worker, mum, for a nice meal cooked, everyone deserves to be thanked. Begin to adopt an attitude of gratitude!

Author Robert Cavett said; “Three billion people on the face of the earth go to bed hungry every night, but four billion people go to bed every night hungry for a simple word of encouragement and recognition.” 

Learn to appreciate people, people.


I'm Stefn Sylvester Anyatonwu, and I love to be appreciated.



I appreciate you for READING ME.